The Association of Development Officers (ADO) is happy to announce that it will be distributing between $5,000-10,000 in scholarships this next year to current ADO members interested in educational enrichment and internships. Scholarship Program objectives include: 1) to enhance the educational development and training of fundraising professionals; 2) to provide a direct benefit to members of the Association of Development Officers; and 3) to encourage the development of professionalism.
Applicants must either live or work in Westchester, Putnam, Rockland or Duchess County; must have knowledge of fundraising concepts and practices; must be affiliated with a non-profit organization (e.g., employee, board member, volunteer) or fundraising consulting organization; and must be a current member of the ADO (except for intern request).
Training that is eligible for scholarship include:
- ADO conferences and training sessions
- SUNY Purchase classes affiliated with ADO
- Other courses in fundraising, philanthropy, or non-profit work to further your education, including conferences, seminars, workshops, online training, etc.
- Paid Internships in a fundraising setting (nonprofit organization or fundraising consulting firm)
Criteria for selecting recipients include: appropriate course content, demonstrated financial need, and demonstrated commitment to the profession. Priority will be given to full-time professionals.
- There is a limit of one application during ADO’s fiscal year (7/1-6/30).
- The maximum single ask for a course/conference/workshop is $1,000 with lifetime requests of no more than $3000. Eligible expense include conference fee, travel, and hotel.
- Internship stipend request is up to $1,500 for a semester or summer with lifetime requests of no more than $3,000. Intern must provide summary of accomplishments and/or knowledge learned.
Additional factors that will be considered when awarding scholarships include, but are not limited to: size of organization’s operating budget, size of development budget, staff size, and the number of people served by the organization.
Deadlines for Submissions:
- December 1 for 1st Quarter (January, February, March) opportunities
- March 1 for 2nd Quarter (April, May, June) opportunities
- June 1 for 3rd Quarter (July, August, September) opportunities
- September 1 for 4th Quarter (October, November, December) opportunities
Click here for the application.
For more information contact:
Brian Skanes, Scholarship Committee Chair
Boys and Girls Clubs of Northern Westchester
351 Main Street
Mt. Kisco, NY 10549